Saturday, January 15, 2022

The Missing Sister by Dinah Jefferies




Dinah Jefferies is a favourite author of mine because she transports me to locations that come alive on the page. 'The Missing Sister' is a poignant story, set in Burma, which felt particularly genuine to me. Probably because I have had the good fortune to have travelled to this very special country, now known as Myanmar. The writing is so realistic and atmospheric that I felt I was there.

Belle Hatton, the protagonist has taken a job in a nightclub there, with the ulterior motive of investigating the disappearance of her sister in Burma some twenty five years previously. The story is very emotional and complex, with plenty of intrigue to keep the reader guessing.

Dinah Jefferies has written another novel that is so evocative in terms of period and place that I would recommend it to fans of historical romantic fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.