Wednesday, January 19, 2022

If Only I Could Tell You by Hannah Beckerman

 





‘If Only I Could Tell You’ is not a novel that I can say I enjoyed, as it is about a family that face one tragedy after another, quite harrowing. There is absolutely nothing positive about it and I found it an upsetting read. I am glad that I did read it, but had I realised in advance just how tragic it was I may not have done.

Told from the perspective of each of the three main characters, Audrey and her daughters Jess and Lily. The storyline is very traumatic as not only has Audrey been diagnosed with terminal cancer, but also her daughters have been estranged for many years. Their children are not even allowed to meet up with each other. Audrey’s last wish is that her family should be reconciled before her death.

Well written and worth reading if you feel you can cope with the reality and tragedy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.