Wednesday, January 19, 2022

A Rose Petal Summer by Katie Fforde



Katie Fforde is an author I turn to when I am in need of romantic escapism. I have been reading her novels since 1995 when she was first published, so can safely call myself a long time fan of her writing.

Our heroine Caro has taken a job in Scotland as an elderly gentleman’s companion, as she feels in need of a change from living on her barge in London whilst her daughter is away travelling. So, begins a magical and romantic summer that takes her from London to Scotland and back plus trips to the South of France. The latter in search of a classic lost perfume with plenty of love and romance in the mix.

Another 4* read from an author that knows how to lift a reader’s spirits, definitely this reader anyway. The storyline may be a somewhat cute and unlikely scenario but honestly is this not what we want from this author? A feel good read that I am sure her many fans will enjoy, just don’t read if you are looking for something deep and meaningful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.