Thursday, January 28, 2016

The No-Kids Club by Talli Roland



Paperback: 242 pages.
Genre: Contemporary Romantic Fiction
Publisher: Lake Union Publishing, 2014
Source: Author in return for an honest and unbiased review.
First Sentence: ' I bet you were a really cute kid.'
Review Quote: ‘The No-Kids Club is another winner by Talli Roland! It was well-written and fast-paced, and enjoyable to the very last page.’ —The Book Chick

My Opinion:  I have been reading and reviewing the writing of this talented author since 2010, when she asked me to review her first novel, 'The Hating Game'.  Since the publication of her first novel Talli has embraced the importance of social media as a marketing tool for her novels as that is where she finds her target market. I am probably one of her older fans but 'The No-Kids Club' is the seventh title I have read and once again she has not failed to make me smile. A good enough reason in my opinion for me to continue to enjoy her writing! 
I found this to be another amusing and light hearted read and as both my daughters are still childless from choice and in their thirties slightly relevant! 
There is a serious underlying subject of infertility in the storyline which Talli manages to tackle in a sensitive manner.  Recommended to fans of contemporary romantic fiction, it will not fail to make you smile.


Précis Courtesy of Goodreads:

At almost forty, Clare Donoghue is living child-free and loving it.

Then her boyfriend says he wants kids, breaking off their promising relationship. And it’s not just boyfriends: one by one, her formerly carefree friends are swallowed up in a nonstop cycle of play dates and baby groups. So Clare decides it’s time for people who don’t have children to band together. And so the No-Kids Club is born.

As the group comes together—Anna, who’s seeking something to jump start a stale marriage, and Poppy, desperate for a family but unable to conceive—Clare’s hoping to make the most of the childless life with her new friends.
Will the No-Kids Club be Clare’s route to happiness, or will the single life lose its sparkle?


My reviews of her earlier novels can all be found elsewhere on this blog, just click on the titles.

The Hating Game    Watching Willow Watts   Build A Man  Construct A Couple  
 The Pollyanna Plan   Marriage to Measure



Author Profile:

Talli Roland was born in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, by the age of 13, she’d finished her first novel and received very encouraging rejections from publishers. Talli was very athletic at school and university, achieving provincial records and becoming a Canadian university champion in the 4 × 400 meter relay. After getting her BA, she turned to writing again, earning a Masters in Journalism. 

A few years later, she left Canada behind and settled in London, where she now lives with her husband and their young son.

Her début novel, The Hating Game, was short-listed for Best Romantic Read at the UK's Festival of Romance, and her second, Watching Willow Watts, was selected as an Amazon Customer Favourite.

You can learn more about Talli in the About Me  section of her website.


Biographical, other information and photo are with thanks to the following links where you can find out more about Talli Roland.


Talli Roland Official Website    Goodreads Author Profile   Amazon - Author Profile

Twitter - Talli Roland      Facebook Profile



4 comments:

  1. Look like another book for me to read, always on the look out for new authors. Cathy has just sent me a book named Match Me If You Can by Michelle Gorman.. I like light reading. I can send it to you next , if you would like. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28244131-match-me-if-you-can

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please Anne that would be kind of you. Thanks. I am surprised that you have not yet discovered Talli's writing.

      Delete
  2. I sent you an email a few days back, wondering if you have received it or if your email has changed I used the ymail address. Diane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the right address, thanks Diane. I have been away and will get in touch asap.

      Delete

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.