Tuesday, August 1, 2023

My Other Husband by Dorothy Koomson

 

                                         


Hardback:  419 pages

Genre: Contemporary Fiction, Psychological Thriller

Publisher: Headline 2022

Source:  Tywyn Public Library

First Sentences: 'Cleo Forum Pryce, I am arresting you on the suspicion of attempted murder.'

Review Quote: A richly-crafted psychological thriller, Koomson's clever tale makes for disturbing and compulsive reading ― Woman

My Opinion:  I usually find Dorothy Koomson's writing entertaining from page one. However this time I struggled at first, as it took me quite awhile to get to grips with the somewhat perplexing plot. Once everything clicked into place, it continued as as intriguing read.

The protagonist Cleo's world is a complicated one and the reader is continually thrown new twists and turns to keep them guessing. It appears her life has become very messy and she does not know which way to turn as she tries to extricate herself from a difficult situation.

In the end this turned out to be a compelling thriller which I can recommend to those readers that are fans of the genre.


Previous Review:  I Know What You've Done

Précis Courtesy of Goodreads: 

What if your murderous fantasies start to come true?

Someone is trying to frame me for murder.

They're hurting people in the ways I write about - and making sure I'm the prime suspect.

I think I know why.

But I can't tell the police or even use my rock-solid alibi . . .

Because then I'd have to confess about my other husband.

A series of terrifying murders. A set of complex lies.

And a woman with no way to clear her name.

My Other Husband is the latest gripping thriller from the Queen of The Big Reveal.


Author Profile


Courtesy of Goodreads

Dorothy's Personal Profile can be found at About Me - Dorothy Koomson 

Photographs and Biographical Information courtesy of the following sites:

Author Official Website   Dorothy Koomson - Goodreads Profile   Twitter - Dorothy Koomson

Facebook Profile  Instagram - Dorothy Koomson

No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.