Monday, February 19, 2018

The Wife Who Ran Away by Tess Stimson



Kindle Edition: 1094KB
Paperback: 337 pages                                                                                                  
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Publisher: Pan 2011
Source: Amazon
First Sentence: Whenever I read in the newspaper about a mother who's abandoned her children and run off to Spain, or who popped out to the shops and never came back, I never think, 'God, that's awful. How could she?' I think, 'I wish I had the guts to do that.' 
My Opinion: I originally added this title to My Kindle as an Italophile as this is where it is partially set. That was back in 2012 so I have waited a long time to read, finally got round to doing so, on a long flight.  Perfect for passing the time as it was a delightful easy read that I quickly immersed myself in. The Wife Who Ran Away is a story of the ups and downs of family life that is narrated by various members of the family. This made it interesting as we get the different perspectives on what happens when Kate Forrest the protagonist runs away!
I have not read a novel by Tess Stimson for rather a long time, but I certainly will not hesitate to add more of her writing to my Kindle for future journeys.


Précis Courtesy of Goodreads:

Kate Forrest is invisible...Ned, the husband she adores, doesn't seem to know she's alive, and her two charming children have grown into stroppy adolescents. Her boss is suddenly shunting her towards career Siberia, and her demanding mother is never off the phone. With her fortieth birthday fast approaching, all Kate wants to do is run away from the lot of them. And so she does. On impulse, Kate walks out of her job, her family and her life, and gets on a plane to Italy. With no ties and no responsibilities, she soon finds herself deliriously caught up in La Dolce Vita -- and the arms of a man barely half her age. But when the unthinkable threatens her family, Kate is brutally forced to choose between her past and the future.




Author Profile

Born in Caterham, Surrey, England.

Tess Stimson is the British author of ten novels, including top-ten bestseller The Adultery Club, and two non-fiction books, which between them have been translated into dozens of languages.

Her first "proper" job after graduating from St Hilda's College, Oxford (where she read English) was as a news trainee with ITN (Independent Television News).

She reported and produced regional and world stories, travelling to hotspots and war-zones all over the globe.

In 2002, she was appointed Professor of Creative Writing at the University of South Florida and moved to the US. She now lives and works in Vermont with her husband, Erik, their three children, and (at the last count) two cats, three fish, one gerbil and a large number of bats in the attic.



Photographs, Trailer and Biographical Information courtesy of the following sites.


Goodreads Author Profile     Facebook - Tess Stimson    Twitter Account

Tess Stimson - Official Author Website       Amazon Author Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.