Monday, April 16, 2012

Fanta C by Sandra Brown



Paperback
 : 228 pages
Genre: Romantic Fiction
Publisher: Bantam
SourceGoodreads - First Read Scheme
First Sentences: The first time was enchanted. we made love in the stable amid the smell of hay and horses and dust.
Review Quote: 'Larger than life heroes and heroines make you believe all the warm, wonderful, wild things in life'  Rendezvous.
My Opinion:  If you enjoy a light romantic read then this is probably for you. 







  • This arrived in my postbox at the end of last year along with a give away I won by the same author Hidden Fires. I must admit to being disappointed that both these titles were originally published in the 1980's! I doubt I would have entered the give away had I realised this. I have enough trouble keeping up with new titles. 

    I was very disappointed in this mainly as stated above, never mind I will be more careful when I apply for give-aways in the future. Sandra Brown is not an author I am familiar with and I have never read any of her books prior to these two.


    I was very surprised to discover on Amazon.co.uk that this title is  to be re published in the UK this coming September, having previously been republished in 2001. As first published in 1982 I guess the author is looking to attract another new generation of readers.  Sandra Brown is an extremely popular and prolific author so no doubt this will do well yet again.




    I read this one even quicker than the previous one, not because it was a page turner but more to do with the fact that it is very short at 228 pages and a pocket size paperback.
    I prefer a novel with more depth. It would be boring if we all enjoyed the same authors, it just seems that judging by these two Sandra Brown is not for me.



    The heroine Elizabeth Burke has been a widow for two years now and when not running her own business or looking after her young children she daydreams. However these are not just ordinary every day dreams but vivid sexual romantic fantasies. She is wondering if she will ever experience real live love and romance ever again when she meets her neighbour Thad Randolph. He is charming, a gentleman, makes her laugh, gets on with her children, but somehow she holds back and continues to satisfy herself in her fantasy world. What a waste as Thad seemingly has everything she is looking for.


    If you are looking for a quick read that is also an entertaining romance then this might just be for you.







    Author Profile: Sandra Brown
    Sandra Brown is the author of sixty-one New York Times bestsellers, including LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), SMOKE SCREEN (2008), PLAY DIRTY (2007), RICOCHET (2006), CHILL FACTOR (2005), WHITE HOT (2004), HELLO, DARKNESS (2003), THE CRUSH (2002), and ENVY (2001), all of which have jumped onto the Times bestseller list in the number one to five spot. 

    Sandra  began her writing career in 1981 and since then has published over seventy novels, bringing the number of copies of her books in print worldwide to upwards of eighty million. Her work has been translated into thirty-three languages. 

    A lifelong Texan, she was born in Waco, grew up in Fort Worth and attended Texas Christian University, majoring in English. Before embarking on her writing career, she worked as a model at the Dallas Apparel Mart, and in television, including weathercasting for WFAA-TV in Dallas, and feature reporting on the nationally syndicated program “PM Magazine.” 

    In 2009 Brown detoured from her thrillers to write, Rainwater, a much acclaimed, powerfully moving story about honor and sacrifice during the Great Depression. 

    Brown recently was given an honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters from Texas Christian University. She was named Thriller Master for 2008, the top award given by the International Thriller Writer’s Association. Other awards and commendations include the 2007 Texas Medal of Arts Award for Literature and the Romance Writers of America’s Lifetime Achievement Award. 



    The author profile information has been taken from  the authors biographical  pages on Goodreads,  Amazon and her  Publishers Author Page

    6 comments:

    1. Light romances aren't really for me, either - but I know a lot of people really love them.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Absolutely Susan I have nothing against Romance novels myself but some are just too light for me.

        Delete
    2. Interesting that it's being republished in the UK. I'll have to check it out!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Of course as a Canadian I guess you probably know this author quite well then Talli.

        Delete
    3. Hi Linda,

      I have received a whole raft of author review requests just lately, all for quite lightweight romance novels and novellas, so I am getting to be all 'loved out' anytime soon.

      On that basis, I don't think that I would be rushing to buy this one anytime soon, although my trusty TBR database tells me that I do have a couple of Sandra Brown books in my mountain somewhere, although they are neither of the two you have highlighted. I think that my contributions to the Sandra Brown appreciation society can stay buried for a little longer!

      Thanks for the honest thoughts about this one.

      Yvonne

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Interesting that all your review requests are for this genre Yvonne, thanks for your input here. Have you ever read her novels before I had not done so!

        Delete

    I indulge my love of books with this blog and it makes it all worthwhile when you leave comments. I really am interested in what you think so do let me know. I have decided as the nature of this review blog makes for conversation in the comments, just to reply here and not individually, so please subscribe to comments or call back again to stay in the conversation. Thankyou for your continued support.